Less than 1 minuterepo settings
abapGit can pull or push in background mode. This setting has to be activated on the repository-level.
- Navigate to a repository, go to the repository settings and select "Background":
- Here you can define the action that will be executed in background mode, by default the setting is "Do Nothing".
- To activate an automatic pull for a repository, select "Automatic pull". After saving, a background icon will appear next to the branch name
- You can run the action immediately by clicking on "Run background logic". Note: this will execute the background logic for ALL repositories with background mode enabled.
- To get an overview of all repositories that have background mode enabled, navigate from the Repository List to "Settings" -> "Database Utility"
- The relevant repositories will have the type "BACKGROUND".
Defining a Job
- To periodically run the background logic, you can define a job with transaction
- Create a step for program
ZABAPGIT_STANDALONE, depending on which version of abapGit you are using). This will execute all defined background activities.
- You can check the log of the job with transaction