InstallationImprove this page
abapGit exists in 2 flavours: standalone version or developer version.
- The standalone version is targeted at users. It consist of one (huge) program which contains all the needed code. You run the standalone version in transaction
SE38, executing the program you created.
- The developer version is targeted at developers contributing to the abapGit codebase. It consists of all the ABAP programs/classes/interfaces/etc. of the abapGit project. You run the developer version with transaction
abapGit requires SAP BASIS version 702 or higher.
Install standalone version
- Download the ABAP code(right click -> save-as) to a file.
SE80, create a new report named
ZABAPGIT_FULL). NB: Don’t use the name
ZABAPGITif you plan to install the developer version.
- In source code change mode, upload the code from the file using Utilities -> More Utilities -> Upload/Download -> Upload
Typically, abapGit will only be used in the development system, so it can be installed in a local
$ package (e.g.
Now you can use abapGit by executing the report in transaction
To use the online feature, SSL must be setup. Offline projects will work behind firewalls and without SSL.
Install developer version
- Download latest version
- Go to https://github.com/abapGit/abapGit/
- Select Code > Download ZIP
- Save file
- Connect to SAP in language EN
- In transaction
SE38, run program
- Select + Offline
- Select existing package or create new package (eg: a local
- Select Import zip
- Select abapGit-master.zip file
- Select Pull zip
ZABAPGIT is now available